Sunday, November 18, 2007

Beowulf

Pride is the Curse.


We watched Beowulf at SM Clark just awhile ago. As usual, I were with my college friends Elmer and Glenn. Hindi sumipot ang magsing-irog na sina Berns and Marjon. But prior to that, Berns texted me, hahabol na lang daw sila. Ewan ko lang kung paano sila hahabol. Hehehe... Eventually, kaming tatlo lang ang nanood.

About the movie, at first, I thought it would be boring and stale. But surprisingly, the movie somehow blows me away. Ang ganda ng cinematography, and Glenn commented that it was even better than Final Fantasy. I am not a fan of that flick or even the video game itself, so I don't have the idea how "better" it was. Hehehe...

The story of Beowulf is not completely unknown to us. Third Year High School kasi kami noon ay binasa na namin yung story sa aming English Textbook. And I even remember the mask of my former classmate when she portrayed Grendel, a terrifying monster in the story. Haha.. a female classmate portraying a male gigantic monster in their class presentation! But in fairness, she did very well... and that's probably a compliment on her part. LOL!


Back to the movie, Ray Winstone is very good in the movie. Good for him as he will not be counted in my "Lousiest Actors and Actresses" list. Hahaha... Mapanglait talaga ako... Ok naman siya as a warrior and eventually the hero of the Heorot Empire. But I don't think he will be nominated in next year's Academy Awards as Best Leading Actor. Period.


Angelina Jolie played the role of Grendel's Mother... unknown name. And even in the book, I think that her real name was not revealed, not so sure about that fast fact. Anyway, maikli rin naman ang eksena nya sa story. However, she still looked pretty and sexy, though. I just couldn't figure out why in the hell that beautiful sea-creature lady will give birth to a monstrous creature? Fiction, that is. Hahaha...


Fighting Scenes were superb! No doubt about it.

Other characters also did well.

As a whole, enjoy naman ang panonood namin. Medyo bad trip nga lang dahil sa mga taong nasa likod namin na walang ginawa kundi magdaldalan, tawanan at mag-ingay sa loob ng sinehan. Hindi tuloy kami makapag-concentrate sa movie. Asus! Ang laki-laki naman ng SM Clark, kung magdadaldalan lang sila, eh pwedeng-pwede naman sila dun sa parking lot. Hehehe...

So, if I were to rate that movie... I give it 8.25 out of perfect 10. Not bad.

No comments: